Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Old & New

So my last post is bugging me a little. Is it just me or did it sound very materialistic? That was not my intention at all. I guess for starters I shouldn't have put the word loot in the title. My mom always took pictures of us with each gift on Christmas morning, she likes to take pictures of our happy faces. I didn't realize that's all I took of the day. Christmas morning is much more than that, as we all know. I have been altering my view on Christmas morning, looking at it as a mother, a giver, not a getter. Of course my mom, the ultimate giver, went out of her way to suprise and delight me. I will always be her blonde angel, no matter how old and onry I get. Anyway, I felt the need to post something more meaningful, so I decided to write a reflection on this past year. To help illustrate my words are some pictures of my family at the temple lights this past month.



This picture I threw in to compare to the one below it. It was taken over 2 1/2 years ago, when Cam and I were engaged and he had come back from Las Vegas to spend the weekend with me. That seems like a lifetime ago. Just looking at these pictures, it seems like not much has changed, I still hate to do my hair. I still wear glasses everyday, though I did get new ones. This is such a dorky picture of me, I'm brave to even include it, but I couldn't find the one I was looking for.

We took the next picture because on our wedding invites, we are standing right at this pillar, all wrapped up in each other. Time flys...


The next picture obviously shows the biggest change to our lives. There have been many,many others. Financial, geographical, job-related, family-related. Life is in a constant state of uncertanities for us. This year has been the first in three that Cam has not had to be away from me for more than two weeks. In the next couple years we face more seperation. I think I have not stopped to appreciate this year enough. Sure he worked a lot and when he wasn't at work he was at school, but he was always close by, always coming home at the end of the day.

And yes, while I write this sweet note about him, you can look at the goofy expression on his face. Sigh. The love of my life, ladies and gentlemen...


This past year alone has brought tons of firsts, not only for Conner, but for me as his mom. I experienced every first right there with him, like it was my own.


New year, new joys, new challenges, new people to meet, new places to go. I can't wait, and yet, I wish it could be 2010 just a little bit longer.


Through it all, I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. For my faith, and for my new years resolutions to work even harder at those things I need to do to bring me closer to HIM and to my Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment