Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Four Questions

Here's a little preview of my answers...couldn't bear to not have any pictures on this post. So these are my visual aids. Gotta have visual aids, right?




Candy canes, YUM! Jolly Rancher Flavors are the best!




My sissy's favorite Temple.



Kangaroos, Koala Bears, Wallabys, OH MY!



One of my FAVORITE shows. See why below.

Angela Brian tagged me for this fun little get-to-know-you game. I'm all for writing about this fun stuff. Thanks Angie!
By the way, here is a little plug for her DIY site, Green Submarine. She posts awesome crafts on it. I fall in love with everything, and she takes requests! She'll find your next project for you! Alright,I'm done gushing about my friend. Let's get down to buisness, shall we?


FOUR TV SHOWS I LIKE TO WATCH:


Just four? Really, I have to narrow it down?? Really? Okay, okay, I think I can do this...

1. THE AMAZING RACE: I just jumped on this long-running bandwagon in the middle of last season. I haven't missed a minute this season, and I have to say, it's the show I most anticipate every week. I try and fail to mimick the host's accent, and LOVE all the places they travel to. Such a cool way to experience other cultures!Though I would be elimnated in the first leg, for sure. I get so nervous about who will be eliminated. Luckily my FAV team is still in it. The season finale is next Sunday. Go Brooke and Claire!!!

2. CASTLE: This one I watch with my hubby. We became fans of the main actor, Nathan Fillion, when he did a short-lived series called Firefly. I am a sci-fi geek. Of course,I'm pretty much an everything geek, I have broad tastes. haha. Castle is about a mystery writer who partners with the NYPD to solve homicides. My favorite part? The scenes Castle has with his daughter. I love the family element to it and how by talking to her, he gets brainstorms on cases.


3. GREYS ANATOMY: I'm sooo over the whole romantic-partner-swapping aspect of this show, but I still like it. Why? The amazing guest stars! As popular as it is the show can afford the best guest stars out there. I've noticed a lot of seasoned actors on there with very recognizable faces and they usually steal the scene away from the series regulars. Also, even though the ground=breaking science they portay on here isn't very realistic, it still is pretty cool. Too bad real break-throughs don't happen that fast.

Last but not least, Angie listed her favorite old show that she watches over and over so here is mine...

4. GILMORE GIRLS: Here is just a sample of why I adore this show: "It's Avril Lavigne's world and we're just living in it!" My favorite line hands down. If anyone knows what scene and episode this was said in, and gets as big of a kick out of it as I do, you have just made yourself a life-long friend. Of course, I'll be your friend regardless. haha


FOUR PHRASES I SAY A LOT:


1. Don't touch that, Conner!

2. Do you know how much I love you baby boy?

3. Silliest goosey!

4. NO BUG!

Notice how all these phrases are directed to my son. I spend the most time with him, so it's logical that he is the one who I talk the most to. I think I might repeat myself too often. I guess that will never change. Isn't that what mothers do?


FOUR PLACES I WOULD LOVE TO VISIT:


1. Australia: Hands down, my dream vacation. Itt's huge continent so it would probably take me several trips to see all I want to see, and all my money. A girl can dream can't she?

2. HAWAII: Boy were we smart to give this tropical paradise statehood. My hubby and I never went on a honeymoon, and this will be the destination for our late honeymoon someday. I hope.

3. ITALY: Aunthentic italian food and all that beautiful history? Count me in!!!

4. NEW YORK CITY: I want to see about a half dozen shows on Broadway and do all the super cheesy touristy stuff. I just do.


FOUR THINGS I'M PASSIONATE ABOUT:


1. THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS: There is nothing more wonderful than the gospel of Jesus Christ and his restored church. I know it is true with my whole heart and soul. To learn more go here

2. MY 2 BOYS: I love my family very much. Cam is a wonderful husband and father. Conner is joy personified. I'm getting choked up now...

3. DECORATING MY HOME: I love interior design. It has been so much fun finally being able to design a space and have it be all my own. Cam is very tolerant of my tastes. See why he's great? I just used up some giftcards way back from our wedding to decorate for Christmas and I think my home looks the way it feels. Very jolly!

4. READING: I am in a great book club. This month we are reading CONFESSIONS OF AN UGLY STEPSISTER by Gregory Maguire.


FOUR THINGS I DID YESTERDAY:


1. Cleaned the peach smoothie off my son after he dumped it all over himself.

2. Read several chapters of THE GOOD HUSBAND OF ZEBRA DRIVE of the NO. 1 LADIES DETECTIVE AGENCY SERIES. ( the first one was a book club book, I am on the 7th or
8th book)

3. Went to Target to get a cute Santa cookie jar, but came home with just a mop bucket.

4. Talked to my mom on the phone for over an hour. We never have short phone converstions except when something goes wrong with one of our phones.


FOUR THINGS I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO:


1. CHRISTMAS: Look over at my top blinkie and that pretty much sums up this time of year for me. Now I have that song in my head, do you?

2. Going up to Utah to see my brother-in-law enter the MTC. Very EXCITING!

3. Conner saying his first words. C'mon Bug YOU CAN DO IT!!!

4. Being Mary Feilding Smith for our Ward Christmas Party this weekend.

FOUR THINGS I LOVE ABOUT WINTER:

1. THE TREATS: Pecan crunch, homemade caramels, candy canes, chocolate oranges, I could go on and on.

2. The fact that it's 75 degrees out right now. It's my reward for making it through the summer without melting away.

3. Layering and wearing sweaters. I AM MAD ABOUT SWEATERS!

4. THE ENGERY: I love how there is so much to do and to celebrate this time of year. Everything comes alive! Of course I have to slow down and reflect on who made it possible for me to enjoy the winter and why we celebrate HIS birth.

FOUR PEOPLE I TAG:

1. BETH HAYNIE

2. Carly Adams

3. LACEY HAYNIE

4. ERIC BRIMHALL

DONE! PHEW!!!

2 comments:

  1. YEAH YOU DID IT!

    i never do things like that, but i thought what the hey. i am glad you did too.

    thanks for your super sweet comments today.

    i can't believe you had only been married for 6 months, i know how scary that is now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! We are a LOT alike, too bad we don't live closer! :) I just finished mine!

    ReplyDelete