Monday, December 6, 2010

Pulling My Hair Out

Heaven help me! Conner has found out how to turn the dishwasher on, and how to open it. Do they have locks for those things? I am contemplating washing everything in the sink so he won't have anything to throw on the floor. However, I really hate doing dishes. Dishwashers are the best thing since sliced bread as far as I'm concerned.


Conner as a 14 month old always wants up, so he can reach the light switches and get to things he wants to pick up and throw that are out of his reach. He thinks everything is a ball. This is why the Christmas tree is up high, where he cannot get to the bulbs. I have no idea where baby jesus went from our nativity. Leave it to Bug to lose the most important piece.

He walks to the laundry room with me, his hand in mine, and I feel pretty lucky to have him. Until he sees my car and tries to bee line for the trunk so he can point to the key-hole. He really likes to get into my trunk and play with his stroller. He also loves to see me unlock doors and such, he gets really animated and starts to gab away and point at the lock.It's hard to get him to follow me back up to our apartment. He just stands still and grins at me, debating whether or not he should make a break for it, or obey his mama. Guess which choice he usually makes? Little goose.

He waves bye bye to any car he sees, which is pretty cute because he doesn't do it right and it just looks like he's opening and closing his hand. Today the mail man smiled at him when Conner waved.

He won't eat grapes now, but still loves blueberries. He chews up the grape and then spits it back into your hand. He did this once while we were visting teaching. Poor woman is pregnant and now probably more nervous about how gross kids can be. His favorite thing to eat is a hot dog. I am excited to find out how he will react to Santa. He is very friendly. He acts shy by putting his head on my shoulder and giving a timid smile to strangers. That's all it is though, just an act. He is the biggest ham I know. Every once in a while, he'll scrunch up his nose and do the famous stink face for us. Maybe that's why it's easy to forgive him for the dishwasher thing. Because his smile lights up the room. He sure knows how to play us all for fools, with that beautiful smile of his.

1 comment: