Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bad Night

This picture was taken before all the unhappiness

Last night Conner had a tough time going to sleep . I sat with him on the couch watching television and trying not to move him because he would cry everytime I did. He had been to the doctor for his four month well check and that meant a shot in each thigh and a nasty oral vaccine. Auntie Annie came home and held him until he finally got comfortable and gave into sleep.

Fast forward to two o'clock in the morning and he wakes up sad so I feed him and doze off a little. Half an hour later I wake up to find him very unsettled and very warm. I freak out a little because I'm a first time mom and very paranoid. So I pace bck and forth in the living room with him in my arms squirming and whining softly. I jump at a loud noise which puts me on edge because I hate to be in the dark alone (did I mention I'm paranoid?) Finally Conner falls asleep and I keep him in my arms a little while wishing I had someone to talk to who could calm ME down. I almost go in my parents bedroom for my mom, but I stop myself.

After a little while I put him in his bed again. At this point I am crazed and it's after three o'clock. I say goodbye to Cameron at three thirty when he gets up to go to Tuscon for Guard drills (the only good thing about being up that early) and then I finally feel like I can go back to sleep so I check on the baby and crawl into bed. A bad night made worse by the fact that I had a fever myself a few days back and need all the sleep I can get to try to get over my own sickness. Being a mom is hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment