Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Moving on at 7 months

Conner is 7 months old! He is still 17 lbs so his weight gain has slowed down considerably. That worries me a little, but he has always been a string bean, so maybe he always will be. A week ago Conner was not himself and Cameron and I thought his breathing sounded odd so I called the doctor and brought him into see her that day. She diagnosed it as Bronchiolitis and gave me a nebulizer and a prescription for Albuterol. I was a wreck. Conner hated wearing the mask for the nebulizer and I hated hearing him cry. We both shed a lot of tears in those first 24 hours. He is breathing better though he still has a nasty cough. I just have to wait out another week and then we go back to the pedictrician to make sure the infection has run it's course. While this drama has been going on Cameron, Conner, and I have been settling into our new apartment. We have never lived alone before and setting up the house was really overwhelming to me. I had no idea how to shop for food or what was needed for day to day life. Now however I have (almost) gotten used to the neighborhood (theres a double lock on our door) and have hung up my frame that I showed you all in my last post. It is all coming together.



Conner taking his medicine
watching the Bling Side very intently- he loves football!

Before going to our new ward for the first time


Conner's room. We managed to get both sides of the pack n play to behave after this.




Our room. Yes the bed takes up most of it!




Our sparse living room. It looks better now, but a bit messier.




The kitchen. I love my table from IKEA. Annie set it up all by herself. It is in the box behind me.
When we get all of our furniture from Cameron's mom's house I will have to show you the place all nice and decorated. After I clean it up a bit of course.






3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you...to be in your own place. You will be great. Hope Connor is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Having your own place really makes you grow together as a family. We lived with people the first 3 months of our marriage and were excited to get into out own place. Our first apartment had cinder block walls too! You'll be surprised how fast it will feel like home and how many memories you will have there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! i remember that feeling.. like, what do i do now.. how did i not learn this already. it will come, just give it time. :) you'll be missed in the home ward!

    ReplyDelete