Friday, April 16, 2010

Arts and (Kinda) Crafty Moms

A project of mine this week has been putting the finishing touches on a frame that my mom and I made for a relief society activity during the holidays. You would not believe how many times we have been to the craft store this week, exchanging letters and wood molding and getting more. My mom was super nice to cut the molding I bought into a thin frame and create the frame within a frame look I was going for. It was not easy! I know that I would have probably cut my finger off so I am glad I had her. The frame is plywood and particle board painted black with squares of scrapbook paper to create a pattern. Its pretty big and pretty cute so I am pretty happy with it. This will be the first wall decoration to go into our new apartment before I get all the rest moved down here. Cameron said he didn't mind it except for what he called the "hippy flowers" next to our family name. Men!



Here is cute recent picture of Conner. He is forever eating his fingers, but he doesn't put things to his mouth as often as you would think for a baby. He likes to eat his appendages or someone elses. Arms, toes, elbows, whatever.
Conner doing his latest mouth noise. Sucking in his breath. Isn't it goofy and oh so cute?
I saved a suprise for last! The frame I made is reversible for a fast and easy Christmas decoration. Cute, huh?

3 comments:

  1. Love it! And his "sucking in" face is SOOOOO CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It's so fun to have new things to decorate with, good job! And, Conner is so cute, almost makes me want to have another one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute and smart is that frame?! Job well done. Getting decorations for your place is such a process... heavy on the creative and wallet side of things :) good luck! Conner is of course as cute as ever. Maybe one day him and Pierson will meet.

    ReplyDelete