Saturday, October 2, 2010

Party People

Conner had an exciting birthday week. We visited Grandma on his birthday and He opened lots of fun toys and had his first cupcake. That Friday I invited family over to our apartment for a little party. It was cramped and some people had to sit on the floor but we made it work. The guys watched football on the big screen that takes up half the living room. I am not a good hostess. That was the best entertainment I could do. Although, Conner did dance a bit, which is pretty entertaining. But I can't take credit for his moves. I said it before and I'll say it again, I don't know where that kid got his skills from.

I tried not to make a big fuss over his party but I still decorated the food table picnic-style complete with bugs. Cam made homemade pizza which was YUMMY but caused a little bit of stress as well. In the end we had lots of leftover food and dirty dishes but it was worth it to have our families together, having a good time.


Grandma got Conner a hat. Unrelated to his birthday, but a pretty cute photo nonetheless.

Is it any wonder why we love this baby so much?

His very own puppy dog. Thank goodness you don't have to potty train it

Frosting face

Pull-apart Halloween cupcakes. Because we can. Sept 22 is close enough to Oct 31, right?

"What on earth have they put on my head now?"

This party hat is as old as his mama. Doesn't he wear it well?

This was taken at the party. Auntie Dani made him a caterpillar cake. And of course he tried to grab the candle. Sigh. I should have anticipated that. Boys love fire.

Auntie Whitney and Cousin Austin with mama cutting the cake.

Mama and cousin Austin. She's a spunky little stinker and cute as can be.

2 comments:

  1. conner makes me want to have a boy.

    he is just too cute!

    looks like he has a great birthday!

    p.s. did you make that spider cupcake cake?
    I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom and sister made the cupcakes. They seemed pretty easy, just frosted with cream cheese frosting dyed orange. I think the black was just gel frosting my sis ringed around the cupcakes and the pulled a toothpick through. They were yummy!

    ReplyDelete