Saturday, June 25, 2011

Our Legacy in Pictures



So who do you think Conner resembles the most? I periodically get a craving to look through old pictures and try to compare the older generations with the new one. I'm pretty sure I've done a version of this before. But I just can't help myself. People leave many legacies, some physical, some not. Genetics dictates a lot. It's not everything but it's certainly important. Because it's where you came from. An old family photo can tell you quite a bit I think. And weren't we cute?










I see my nose on a face that really resembles Cam. Conner even has that little gap in between his front teeth. I just love his brown eyes with his blond hair. I hope it never darkens. I can't imagine a more lovely face but I'd love to see how our combined genetics looks on a little girl.
I am just bowled over all the time at my good fortune, not just because I revel in his beautiful little face but because of the unique little person he is inside. Execpt for his temper, which I'm sorry to say I think he got from me. I love how similar and dissimilar he is from those that came before and so grateful that he was born into the covenant and has the good fortune to grow up in the gospel. Again, just like his very blessed mommy and daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment